Makes 8 servings.
Per Seving (1 iced roll):
less than 0.5g fiber
1 Package Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls refrigerated dough
16 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray (or use your fave)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar (not packed)
1/4 cup Splenda (granulated)
1/2 tablespoon light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/74 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon Splenda (granulated)
1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
2. To make filling, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to make sure butter/spread gets mixed in evenly. Set aside.
3. To make icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth and blended. Place in the fridge to chill and set.
4. Using a rolling pin dusted lightly with flour, very firmly roll out dough into a thin sheet about 8 inches by 12 inches. Spray the dough's surface evenly with butter-spray.
5. Spread filling out evenly over dough, leaning a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
6. Starting with the long side of the dough, roll it up tightly, forming a log. Once dough is completelhy rolled up, pinch the long seam to seal.
7. Turn the log over sot hat the seam is facing down. Using a very sharp knife, cut log into 8 even pieces, being careful not to squish dough.
8. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and arrange pieces of dough in the pan with swirl sides facing up. Use your hands to firmly press down on the tops of the pieces. Pinch the side seams to seal, if necessary.
9. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
10. Remove foil and return pan to oven. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cinnamon rolls and risen and are slightly browned on top.
11. Evenly distribute icing over cinnamon rolls and then enjoy!
(Recipe taken from the book Hungry Girl: 200 under 200)